Monday, February 1, 2010

Recap on RAAM seminar (1/23/2010); TSH/Velo Viet groups training 6-hr ride (1/30/2010)











































1) Thank you note:
A week after I got back from the RAAM rider/crew seminar in Sacramento, CA, I realized that RAAM is never a solo effort. At the seminar, a soloist's crew member asked me during the lunch break, "You look so calm, aren't you nervous after hearing all that?" I said no, "I have many friends and supporters back home to help Team Strong Heart for something very special. I'm not scared at all." Within last week, Silent Sports Foundation received over $1,000 individual donations. Thank you.

2) Training note:
I thought spinning 6 hrs after the 12-hr sim ride on 1/16/2010 would be easier and 1/2 effort. Yes, and no. The length of time is obviously much shorter, which still allows me to test out a few more products, but the intensity feels like someone once told me about how he felt after crossing the Mississippi River, i.e. about 1,000 miles left to go (about 2/3 through), and the adrenaline just kicks in again. Thanks to the Velo Viet HPTeam members (Quang, Craig, Mark, Karen, Greg, Jorge, Jody, John, (I know I missed at least one more name), and those who drove all the way but got stopped by a local fitness club's bad policy/judgment/unfriendliness..., otherwise, TSH/Neil and VV/Brian)...I'm very thankful to be able to meet friends, ride fun and with the intensity standard they set out.

My next sim ride will be just prior to the V-day, Feb. 13-14, @ 9pm-5am, i.e. a night sim ride (indoor spin 8 hrs, location TBD). If you are interested in riding it or riding a part of it, please drop me an email at xu.amy@dorsey.com. Hope to see you then.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy,

    It was a great Super Spin class. I am happy to report to you that I had no sore the next day but around 6pm that day... I got serious cramp on my right hamstring. But got the Elixir chewable pill and 1/2 bottle of water... My leg felt as new in less then a minute.

    We will have even better spin session next time. We can be there at 4pm... that will give you 8hrs. I know you will love that!!

    We are proud of you and will support you on this mission!

    Your friend,
    VQ and VV HPTeam.

    ReplyDelete