Saturday, January 16, 2010

Taste of RAAM -- first sim ride 1/16/2010

If there is a moment that I can say I could do it by myself, it is a lie. My first sim ride was simply a blast. I cannot remember how many stories were told, how many rumors were passed around...and how many friends and families showed up at Trailhead shop, rode with me, and cheered me on. THANK YOU. Also, I really appreciate many generous donations and support. Above and beyond, I want to thank Pam, Larry, Paul and many Trailhead folks for everything they did, from food, drink, fuel feeds, audio/video, to gathering door prizes, silent auction and raffle items, etc. Also, thanks to the ones who bid on the silent auction items.

From early in the morning starting at 7am, Neil's donuts, Pam/Paul's coffee, Carol and Neil's ride and stories on "Grand Escape" to "Grand Torino", to Pam's fuel supplies, Kenny's BIG choloate bar and stories on HHH, to Eric/Melinda/Steve/Andy/Kenny/Melissa/Pam/Jorge/Larry's rides to keep me going, and movies after movies, I was able to get through my 4x3-hr ride/break plan under total control. Gladly to report, I'm not as sore as I had expected. However, this is a first sim ride, not an actual RAAM ride.

Saddle sore is no lie, and I felt it at the last 1 hour (after about 11 hours riding). But planning ahead in how to deal with it before sore happens definitely helped me overcome it, at least at this first sim ride. Hope to do this again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment